30 YEARS OF INVESTMENT EXCELLENCE
Matthew Kiernan, PhD
CO FOUNDER, EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN, MEMBER OF THE INVESTMENT COMMITTEE
- Pioneer in Sustainable Investing since 1988.
- Founder of Innovest, ranked #1 in the World by institutional investors for sustainable investment research. Advised on $1.3 billion in assets. Sold to MSCI.
- Founder of Inflection Point Capital Management. Managed $1.7 billion in institutional capital. Acquired by La Française Asset Management.
- Former Senior Partner, KPMG.
- Lectured on sustainable investing at Wharton, Stanford, Columbia, Oxford and Cambridge.
- Author of the influential book Investing in a Sustainable World.
- PhD in Strategic Environmental Management from the London School of Economics.
CO FOUNDER, CEO, MEMBER OF
THE INVESTMENT COMMITTEE
- 25 years entrepreneurial and investment experience.
- Creator, Host and Executive Producer of The Eco Capitalist, the first Green business TV series which aired on CNBC networks globally and was filmed on all 7 continents. Secured sponsorships from companies including Siemens and Mercedes Benz.
- Executive Producer of the first Climate Change documentary permitted access to US researchers in Antarctica.
- Moderator of the United Nations Environmental Program Finance Initiative’s Global Roundtable.
- Managing Director Inflection Point Capital Management.
- Participated in over $50 million in financing for early stage companies.
SENIOR ADVISOR AND PRINCIPAL
- Former Chairman and CEO of GCL System Integration, one of China’s largest Cleantech conglomerates, with annual revenues of over $3.2 billion and a stock market capitalization of over $5.5 billion.
- Former CEO and board director of Suntech Power Co. and its successor company. Suntech was the world’s largest manufacturer and marketer of solar panels, with operations in 17 countries and 20,000 employees.
- Former VP of International Market Development of Chinatex Trading, a subsidiary of China’s Ministry of Commerce.
- Senior Advisor to U.S. China Green Fund.
- Lecturer on environmental policy at Tsinghua University.
- MBA from Michigan State University.
- Frequent speaker at the World Economic Forum.
Alan J. Rice
- Former senior executive and chief legal officer at two NYSE-listed companies.
- 17 years’ experience as Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer, and Corporate Secretary at Vornado, a member of the S&P 500 and one of the largest real estate companies in the world.
- Oversaw regulatory compliance, corporate governance, and shareholder communications matters.
- Managed successful issuance of over $12 billion in securities.
- Played a major role in significant strengthening of both corporate governance and ESG policy and performance.
- Co-founder of venture that partnered with Moroccan, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese investors to bid on a $9 billion solar power project in Morocco.
- Holds Juris Doctor degree from Harvard Law School, and a bachelor’s degree from University of Michigan in both political science and geological science.
Harris Komishane CFA, CPA
SENIOR ADVISOR AND PRINCIPAL
- Former Head of Finance for Fidelity Investments. Member of Fidelity Investments 12-person Operating Committee.
- Held senior Financial Management roles across all of Fidelity’s operating businesses over a 28-year career (Asset Management, Institutional Brokerage, Capital Markets, Retail Brokerage).
- Former CFO/COO of Devonshire Investors; Fidelity’s Private Equity/VC arm. Member of Investment Committee, Board Member for portfolio companies.
- Significant experience in business strategy with focus on turnarounds & start-up businesses.
- Angel Investor focused on the Future of Food, Sustainable Packaging & Sustainable Materials.
- BA in economics from the University of Richmond and MBA in accounting and finance from the Rutgers Graduate School of Management.
CHAIRMAN OF THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COUNCIL AND PRINCIPAL
- Pioneer, innovator, and key catalyst in the global growth of sustainable investment.
- First Chair of the Principles for Responsible Investment after launch, $100 trillion (combined AUMs) collaboration among institutional investors worldwide. unpri.org
- Former Chair of the Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change: $48 trillion+ (AUMs) group of Europe’s leading institutional investors driving both policy development and investment in climate change solutions. iigcc.org
- Former Director of Inflection Point Capital Management.
- Former long-time trustee of the $60 billion BT (British Telecom) pension fund.
Vicky Sharpe, PhD
CHAIRMAN OF THE INVESTMENT COMMITTEE, MEMBER OF THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COUNCIL AND PRINCIPAL
- Pioneer and innovator in the cleantech commercialization and venture capital space since the early 1990’s.
- Founding President & CEO of Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC). Built an internationally renowned cleantech fund of 280 early-stage companies, with IP from 44 countries.
- Catalyzed over $5 billion in investments from both private and public sectors; built a world class portfolio with a CAGR (21%) twice that of non-SDTC cleantech companies.
- Established partnerships between SDTC’s portfolio SMEs with MNEs including Cisco Systems, Mercedes Benz, Walmart, Mitsubishi, P&G, Waste Management, Cummins, Chrysler, GE, and Veolia.
- Sustainability advisor to several Canadian Prime Ministers and federal cabinet members on domestic and international (eg. APEC) policy.
- Currently advisor to a North American mid to late stage cleantech VC firm, and to Mercer’s global Sustainable Opportunities funds.
John Wiebe, PhD
- Internationally recognized leader in the development and promotion of cleantech businesses.
- Founder and CEO of the Globe Group of Companies and Globe Foundation. Created the Globe Series of international conferences, one of the leading cleantech conferences in the world, and led them for over 20 years.
- Created the Globe EXCEL program, which convened Fortune 500 companies to discuss and promote best-practices in corporate environmental management.
- Co-chaired Capital Markets Task Force for Canada’s National Round Table on the Environment and Economy. Focused on mobilizing investment capital for cleantech.
- Former CEO of Asia Pacific Foundation; advised APEC and also individual Asian countries and businesses on environmental competitiveness.
- Currently Executive Chairman of Globe Performance Solutions, providing technology validation services to companies in North America and Asia.
- Holds a PhD from McGill University in biochemistry.
CHIEF MEDIA STRATEGIST AND PRINCIPAL
- 32 years TV production experience as CEO and Founder of Re:Source Media. Multi award- winning producer of programs which have aired on CNBC, CNN and Discovery networks worldwide, as well as CCTV and BTV, China’s two largest networks, and Amazon Prime.
- Extensive Green Business media experience including producing The Eco Capitalist for CNBC networks and the documentary The White Continent, Climate Change and Antarctica.
- Built social media audiences of nearly 3 million members. Produced TV programming on all 7 continents.
- Member of RealScreen Global 100 list of top 100 TV producers in the World.